The INGENIOUS consortium introduces the Energy Intensive Industries’ challenges.
The INGENIOUS consortium introduces seven challenges for the Innovation Grant Open Call.
The Innovation Grant competitive scheme provides direct financial support to innovative SMEs in order to enable and promote the adoption of processes and technologies to reinforce transformation into a greener, more digital and resilient economy in the Energy Intensive Industries (EII) value chain.
The INGENIOUS Innovation Grants will support projects that are aligned with the major challenges where SMEs need to accelerate the implementation of the digital and green transformation, provide affordable, clean and efficient technology solutions, develop new business models, innovate their services, technology and production lines, open new markets etc.
The challenges for INGENIOUS project focused on Energy Intensive Industries are the following:
- Efficient and sustainable decarbonisation processes
- Technology improvement and or product innovation for digital transition
- Technology improvement and or product innovation for green transition
- Closing loops for efficient and sustainable process Innovation
- Towards safer and more efficient energy transition and to ensure the energy supply.
- Advanced materials leading to competitive higher sustainability and digitalization.
- New-to firm solutions and business strategies to face the challenges to overcome the EU-external dependency.
A series of workshops are scheduled to discuss each challenge and solutions available.
The first will already take place on 7 March and will be dedicated to challenge #5 Towards safer and more efficient energy transition and to ensure the energy supply – hydrogen.
Stay tuned for more updates!